Friday 12 April 2013

March favourites

Browsing through my high street has started to become tedious so I've tried to go to places I wouldn't normally go to... Like some charity shops so I could maybe have a look for some vintage pieces. But, my overall favourites have been from Boots (any of you who don't live in the uk this is basically a massive makeup shop).


Bourjois instense baked shadow in 01

I can't get over how nice it feels on your eyelids. It comes with a mirror inside the lid so is really handy for on-the-go, plus it's easy to use with your fingers as well as a brush. It has a golden undertone in the glitter so I think this would go well with an eye-catching lip colour and cat-eye liner if you bring the shimmer up to your brow bone.

Clinique blush brush

The bristles on this blush brush are so soft, making it perfect for using a powder blush. I've been using it for contouring as well (even though most of the time I contour around my nose I look like someone's just put a load of soot down my face), and it's great for blending if you don't have a kobuki brush.

Rimmel London 1000 kisses lip stain in Timeless Tango
 
I have no idea why they called it Timeless Tango but anyway, this shade goes really well with both light and dark hair types and really brings out the shape of your lips. It's a two-way stick so one end has a handy lip balm to moistursise your lips beforehand, because lip stain I find is really dry compared to lip stick. The pen-like nib gives a smooth application and really eye-popping lips!
 
 

Batiste dry shampoo minis in Floral and Fruity

It smells just like it says on the bottle; floral and fruity! There is a strong scent of rose and orange in there, plus it doesn't leave that powdery stuff behind because it's really easy to just comb into your hair. Even when my hair is practically a chip pan sat on my head I can always rely on this to make it feel effortlessy soft! The small packaging makes it easy to take with you to the gym so if your hair misbehaves it will feel as soft as it did before when you put this in.

17 Photo Flawless skin primer

This primer is just perfection in a tube. You can tell a primer's going to be good because you can feel the silky feeling of silicone in it; this is what makes the make-up stick to the primer and the make-up actually stays put! I found it's also good for using on the lids and lips and it just blends into your skin really easily like the e.l.f primer I used to use.

Rimmel London Lasting Finish Foundation in Ivory

Being the pale little creature I am I find it really hard to find a foundation that suits my skin tone which is why I usually rely on Nicola Roberts' Dainty Doll collection (this is for REALLY pale girls!), but this somehow just melts in to my skin and I don't look orange or brown or anything, it doesn't even look like I'm wearing foundation - it's just perfect! It provides excellent coverage and I think it was only £6 so I really recommend going out especially just to buy this.

Rimmel London Extra Super Lash mascara in Brown Black

Yes, I am a bit obsessed with Rimmel London this year. But for could reason - this literally only needs about 4 or 5 sweeps of the mascara wand to get a nice, even cover of mascara on your lashes. 15 sweeps will get you a false lash effect and 25 sweeps will give you really dramatic eyes! Jet black mascara looks a bit fake to me so the brown black shade looks a lot more natural if that's the look you're going for without looking completely bare.

March has been great for cosmetic shopping! Do tell me what your favourites have been last month.

Cheerio! xx
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment