Tuesday 5 March 2013

A selection of reviews from my haul... 2/4

Hello chickadees,

If you read my previous posts, you'll know I've selected 4 products from my Tuesday haul to review. I've chosen Barry M Chameleon Nails, Barry M Croc Effects, MUA Fur Effect nails and Barry M Magnetic polish. Next up is Barry M Croc Effects, which is probably one of my favourites!

    Instructions are fairly simple; paint your nails with two coats of a normal polish and once they're touch dry you apply a thin coat of Croc Effects. However, because it applies heavily (not to be confused with thickly, this is a good example of thick polish) you've got to know the nail-ese language and know exactly how much to put on.

So as you can see it's a lovely jet black, making it really stand out. When you apply a thin coat no base polish should be poking through (neon or otherwise!), so it should be nice and opaque. I've done a lot better on some other nails so this is why you should be really careful when applying it.

 .....and then it turned out like this. You should be getting A LOT better results than this, if not, you've either let the base layer dry for too long/less or you've applied a thick coat of Croc Effects rather than a thin one. So yeah, basically, you've got to know your nail-ese when it comes to Croc Effects. 
The Verdict: 3.5/5
Cheerio, Chickadees! xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment