Tuesday 5 March 2013

A selection of reviews from my haul... 3/4

Hello chickadees,

Again, if you haven't read my previous posts, please do so now so you know what's going on :3
So I'm going to do a MUA review this time on their Fur Effect nails, I really found it handy for doing Cutepolish's cheshire cat nails as the purple stripes are fuzzy and she uses a similar pigment to make it furry (fur effect nails hadn't come out then). WARNING: THIS GETS REALLY MESSY!

There are a load of instructions on the back as you can do it three or more ways to get the fur pigments onto your nails. Each strand is just reaching a milimetre in legnth and if you blow them it goes EVERYWHERE. You have been warned. The method that I like to use with this is to shake the pot (with the lid on, silly) and then open it to reveal a little mound of fuzz. Then, I quickly paint where I want the fuzz to go on my nail with a topcoat and press my nail into the mound, scraping away any excess with my fingers. That's about it; you can even wash your hands without all the fur coming off!


 

 

 I made some fuzzy stripes quite easily because I've had some practise but the first time using it I realised you have to be so so careful when taking off the wrapper that's covering the holes where the fuzz comes out. The shape of the packaging can also be a little impractical, I would have personally preffered something a little taller and less wide, like a salt shaker. Also, this little pot won't last you very long and these pots have just come on the shelves so that's why they're pricier than other MUA nail products.
     And yes, I did spill some of it but I vaccumed it away and it was all my fault because although it says on the instructions to blow off any excess this is a really bad idea. Take my word for it.
The Verdict: 2.5/5: Leaves nice results but it does come off easily and it's awfully messy :(
Cheerio chickadees! xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment